Study with us
If you have an interest in Mathematics, you can study towards a number of qualifications, in particular:
- Bachelor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences (BCMS)
- Bachelor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences (Honours) (BCMS(Hons))
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (BSc(Hons))
- Certificate in Science (Cert(Sc))
- Diploma in Science (Dip(Sc))
- Graduate Diploma (GradDip(Math))
- Graduate Certificate (GradCert(Math))
- Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip)
Mathematics can also be taken as a second major or supporting subject within most degrees.
School subjects required
If you are planning to study mathematics at university you are strongly advised to study Calculus in Year 13. NCEA Level 3 Calculus credits are required for enrolment in MATH101, a compulsory paper if you are studying engineering.
There are a number of scholarships, prizes and awards offered by the Faculty of Computing & Mathematical Sciences that can help students studying mathematics. These include the Mathematics Fees Scholarship; Millennium Prize in Mathematics; Ramanujan Centenary Prize and Von Neumann Prize in Mathematics. Find out more
You can also visit the Scholarships Office for more scholarship information.